Thursday, February 24, 2011

January

January is always a bit sad. Even though my tree is so crusty and such a fire-hazard, it is still sad to see all the Christmas decorations come down. It is nice to have things return to normal, but I love Christmas. Not only was the tree hard and crusty, but the gingerbread house and train were getting crusty, and honestly I was tired of having them sitting on my counter (I hate having too much stuff on my counter...it drives me crazy). So, I told the boys that they had one more day to snack on them, and then they were going in the garbage. I came into the kitchen and I saw them gnawing on them like little beavers.



We had people over one night, and so we brought the office chair upstairs. I told the boys to get ready for bed, and when I came to check on how the teeth brushing was going, this is what I found...


This winter has been horrible. Cold. Snow. The works. It has even been too cold for the boys to go play outside. On one of the actual nice days that we had, I sent them all outside to play.


We have a gigantic drift on our deck, and Drew and Davis dug a cave into it.




Winter feels like it will never end, but I really hope that we at least get some more good play outside days.


No comments:

Post a Comment