Tuesday, February 8, 2011

November

In our house it is actually "Movember" not "November"

This is Drew's magnificent 'stache at the beginning of the month. Drew is always doing crazy things with his facial hair, and I think it is mostly to bug me. This year, he did it in a way that I couldn't get too annoyed. He grew his mustache to raise money for prostate cancer. His Grandpa Doug had prostate cancer, so he felt it was his duty to help raise money for the cause. He even got his brothers-in-law, and the college involved, and encouraged his students to grow them.


This is how the mustaches looked at the end of the month. Drew was able to raise $690 dollars. And, he has even bigger plans for next year. I can't wait...


Marcus got some money for his Birthday and this is what he picked out. A Darth Vader helmet that quotes Darth Vader and has a setting to change your voice into a Darth Vader voice. In the past when he wanted to be Darth Vader, he would wear Drew's motorcycle helmet.


The boys like to help do the dishes.


I found Phoenix one day hiding in the bench in our entryway where we keep all the mittens and toques. It looks like it would be pretty cozy. I might try hiding in there one day.

Phoenix turned 2!! We celebrated by having family over for Skor cake.

I often refer to Phoenix as my monster. He has such a funny little personality, and lots of it. He can be incredibly sweet, but then he seems like he is always into some sort of mischief. He is funny. He is independent. He is stubborn. He loves his brothers, especially Davis. He loves to mimic what his brothers do. He gets really excited whenever anyone comes home, and he runs to the door to greet them. He is a junk food addict. He is not allowed to use markers. When he was first born I was amazed how he seemed to fit so seamlessly into our family. He made the transition to 3 so easy. I love my little blond boy so much, and I am so grateful that he is a part of my family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin the updates! I really like the picture of all of your boys doing dishes. SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete