Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christmas

CHRISTMAS EVE

It is always a bit tricky to balance out Christmas, and where we are going to be. We figured that since we are still living in the Party House, that we would host Christmas Eve again. It was filled with the usual craziness: pizza, eating lots and lots of treats, white-elephant gift exchange, eating lots of treats, opening pajamas, and eating lots of treats. Somehow this year we missed doing the Nativity. I think it is because Aunt Karen ditched out on us.


CHRISTMAS DAY

We were lucky to have Karen and Martin stay with us during Christmas again this year. It is so nice that they can drive to see us this year instead of fly to see us. Drew and I are kind of mean parents, we make our kids have breakfast before all the present opening, so we started out the morning with over-night French Toast. It was sure good. Then after we got started on the gifts, both sets of Grandparents came over to add more.







This year, Davis' favorite gift was a DS. Marcus' favorite was his Pillow Pet. Drew's favorite was his car starter, and I got too many good things to pick a favorite. Phoenix liked his Dyson the best. He spent the whole morning vacuuming the floor. He still runs and gets it whenever I vacuum the house. And, even though it was a present for all the boys, he gets upset when someone tries to use it. If he keeps this up, he is going to have one lucky wife.

I made Karen a cute apron this year. It had to be purple to match her purple LeCreuset. I guess I need to make myself a red apron...

No comments:

Post a Comment