Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday November 10

We keep seeing a bit more progress every day, and it is wonderful!! Today Drew got one of his chest tubes out, was on oxygen just in the morning (I kept checking his levels and they were great, just to make sure (mine were 98, I had to check mine too)). We also went for a ton of walks today. We even ventured out with Drew in a wheelchair to another floor. It was a bit of a gong show, but he was so happy to get out of his unit. One of the great parts of my day was that my friends Erin and Shay came and took me out for a really, really yummy lunch at some swanky restaurant. Drew's surgen, Dr. McFadden said that they are going to pull a tube every day, then take him off the PCA, and give him meds orally. If all that goes well, he could be home by early next week. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed, and praying really hard.

3 comments:

  1. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you too! So glad that he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the progress is so fast! i hope you can all be home together soon.

    ReplyDelete