Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday November 9

I thought that I would give an update on how we are doing in the big city of Calgary. Let me just say that our GPS is my new best friend, and I will never go anywhere without it. Drew had a good day today. He had an x-ray this morning, which the doctors were happy about the way it looked. The chest tubes are in the right place and they are doing what they are supossed to be doing. The suction on them was also reduced to just when he is in bed. The next phase is to reduce them to gravity, and then to no chest tubes, which may happen as early as tomorrow. Drew and I also went for some good walks around the halls. We had a really long one in the morning, and then our afternoon one was without oxygen. It tired him out, but he worked so hard. I was so proud. Also, his oxygen is down to 1 L, only when he needs it. He has been working really hard at doing all the things the doctors ask, at his breathing and bed exercises. As for me, I am so glad that he is out of isolation. I spent the day hooking and un-hooking him up, reading, and watching "Heroes" on Drew's IPod. Drew is a little bit frustrated with how slow his recovery is, but he really is making huge progress. I want to especially thank Bart and Lindsey Jensen for so graciously opening up their home to me. Also, thank you so much Nikki for taking me out for dinner last night. It was so good to see you!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better. Still thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News Marty! Every bit of progress is a plus. We are praying for you all.
    The Seebecks
    p.s. say hi to Bart and Lindsay for us - we used to be in the same ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty we are so happy to hear that Drew is doing so great! We sure look forward to seeing both of you back in Lethbridge! He has truly been blessed!
    The Seaborns

    ReplyDelete