Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

This is Drew.

This is the first time I have had a chance to look at this blog and I am blown away by your support.

As Marty mentioned we are now home and I am slowly on the mend. Unfortunately it will be weeks before I get back to "normal", but I am so happy to be back with my family. I had not seen my boys for about 3 weeks so yesterday was a very emotional one. I am still in a fair bit of pain and hence must keep myself drugged up. I get tired just walking around the house and am already feeling guilty for my inability to help out (I cannot pick up my kids, drive, or do much of anything). But I am working at it and hope to improve quickly.

I am feeling a little self conscious right now as I have lost over 15 pounds over the past 3 weeks, and as you know I really did not have 15 pounds to lose. When I look at myself in the mirror I hardly recognize myself.

I would just like to take a minute to express my infinite gratitude for all those who have helped me over the past 3 weeks:

(1) My dear wife. Marty was by my side nearly every second, and I know I would not have made it without her. She continues to be a great help to her "invalid" husband. I am blown away by her strength.

(2) My parents. They basically put their lives on hold to be by my side in the hospital. And I am confident they often felt the same pain and anguish I did.

(3) Marty's parents. Delton & Brenda watched our boys while we were in Calgary. I cannot express how grateful I am for their help and support.

(4) All of the rest of my family for their support and help. They have done so much to help Marty and I keep our home and life on track. There are truly too many of you to list.

(5) All those who included me in their prayer and fasting. In the hospital I often felt guilty as I was feeling sorry for myself when there are so many others who have been (and are enduring) so much worse then me. But as never having dealt with something like this it felt pretty hard at the time, and I am confident that it was your faith, prayers & fasting that got me through.

(6) My fellow teachers at Lethbridge College. This came up so suddenly I was forced to desert my classes basically overnight. I am incredibly grateful for those teachers who covered (and continue to cover) my classes. This was such a huge weight off of me.

(7) All those who have brought my family meals. It may seem like a small thing but it just one less thing to worry about.

There are so many others I could thank but I think you know who you are and I will leave it there, and just say again thank you and I love you! I pray that I will have the opportunity to pay all of you back in some small way someday.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! So glad to hear that you guys are home and continuing to get better! I've been trying to gather some freezer meals for you guys - maybe I'll try to drop them off tomorrow now that you guys are home! Please also let us know if the boys would like to come over and play sometime - we'd be happy to have them! You guys just focus on continuing to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well and that you are home with your family.

    Three cheers for you and Marty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,

    I know I speak for both Trevor and I when I say...we're so glad you're okay! We pray you'll make a full recovery soon. Next time we're in Lethbridge we'll be sure to stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew,
    I think that its astounding how quickly you have recovered from your ordeal - given the speed at which this has happened so far I am sure and confident you'll be back to 'normal' in no time at all...just in time for the winter boarding/ski season! ;o)
    We'll be seeing you all soon. Karen and I are both really excited to be coming back to Canada at Christmas.
    Take care.
    Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are home and healing up. I guess this would be a good time to challenge you to a b-ball game.
    Trev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear that you are on the mend. Our best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete