Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Current reading

This is what I have read lately. I feel like I am forgetting one...am I?


"The Secret Life of Bees" is a re-read. I had to read it for my book club. I read it about 6 years ago, and I found that I liked it alot more this time around. Maybe I had too much going on then...I dunno.


"The Time Traveller's Wife" was...good...most of it. I really liked the beginning, the middle, and the last few pages. The rest was fairly depressing, and I just struggled through it. I am excited to go and see the movie. From the preview I've seen it does look like some changes were made. The first time I saw the preview I was about a third into it, and I almost shouted "I am reading this book!!". I wanted to go home and keep reading.

I am becoming slightly obsessed with Julia Child. I am reading "My life in France", and I really, really want "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", even though I don't want to Master the Art of French cooking. I went and saw the movie of "Julie and Julia" with my sister and really enjoyed it. The book...not so much. It is just about Julie Powell, and has some fictional things about Julia Child. I found Julie whiney, obnoxious, and not at all likeable.

This is another book club selection, that I read awhile ago. If you are looking for a quick-touchy-feely-read, then this one is just up your alley. It does have a few surprises, but it is quick and touchy-feely.



No comments:

Post a Comment