Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Clark Family Waterton Extravaganza

Drew's Aunt and Uncle, Karen and Scott MacLennan invited the Clark Clan to the MacLennan Family Cabin, for a weekend of fun and food. Since there were going to be thousands of people there, we asked my Dad very nicely if he would bring his spiffy new-last-year fifth wheel. We got to Waterton on Thursday night, and had dinner with Mom and Dad. Friday Drew, his Dad and I rode our bikes from Cameron Lake to the townsite, then the family met up at Pass Creek for a bonfire. Saturday we hiked to Bertha Falls, and everyone but us Drew's parents left on Sunday. We were lucky to stay until Tuesday morning. The boys didn't want to come home. They loved camping (I know...I know...does it really count in a trailer?). When we got home Marcus kept saying "Not Home!!"



The boys roasting marshmallows on the "fire." Dad bought this propane fire because Mom is so Asthmatic. It takes forever to cook anything, but they taste good when they are done, and you don't have to worry about getting ash on your food.

On our last day we hiked in the creek in Red Rock Canyon. The water is really low this year, so we were able to make it quite far up the creek. This was the first time I hiked into the canyon. Whenever I've been before, I've been an ultra-cautious-prego.


We also rented a two-seater bike. The boys loved it!! Davis wanted to never give it back and to take it home. He told Drew that I could drive the truck home, and he could drive the bike. He kept saying "Wouldn't it be cool if we had a bike like this?"


Katie and I on the hike. We did it!! Just kidding. Bertha Falls is an easy hike.


Davis hiked with us. I was really proud of how well he did. He didn't complain about it at all. He did say it was hard, and he did have to take a few breaks, but he did so good. We even had a team cheer. It was "Yay, Mountain Goats!!" Because Mountain Goats walk on Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment