Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Taylor Turns 1


I can't believe that a whole year has gone by.  It went so fast.  We had some pretty big changes since Taylor was born (Drew graduated with his MBA and moving to Edmonton), but overall it was a great year.  Taylor has grown and changed so much, but she still is a cute and sweet little girl.



Taylor has 7 teeth.  Crazy, brown, curly hair. Big blue eyes, and long eyelashes.  She is the same height as Davis was when he turned 1.   

 

Taylor crawls like crazy, and can climb the stairs.  She also can walk around furniture.  She likes to walk around while we hold her hands.  She says a few words:  "Mom", "Dad", "Uh-oh", and "Hello".
 

Taylor loves oranges and popcorn, and is drinking Homo milk.  
 

Taylor loves music, babies, reading books, cuddles, her brothers, and she loves riding the swing at the park.  Taylor also likes to pretend that she is talking on the phone.   


Phoenix can't say "Taylor", so he calls her "Tater".  Some of her other nicknames are "Tay-Tay", "Darth Taylor", and "Taylor Belle".
 

We are so glad that she is part of our family.

All glamorous girls need a pair of over-sized sunglasses.  

 

 The boys having fun with Auntie Karen and her IPad.  

 
 
We were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa Jensen, Auntie Jo, Lexie, Auntie Karen and Uncle Martin come up to help celebrate Taylor's Birthday.  Taylor was pretty unaware that anything special was going on.  When it came time to open presents, she crawled under the table, and we had to drag her out so that we could start.  Her brothers were more excited about opening presents than she was, and ended up opening more than she did.  

 



I have always wanted to make someone a Barbie cake, and I finally got my chance.  I made Taylor a Snow White cake.  I know it was a little over-the-top for a first Birthday, but I am taking full advantage of all the girly-ness while I can.  My friend Annelise came over the day before and helped me make her cake.  I admit, that it was a bit sad to pull out the doll to cut the cake.  
 




Taylor was very delicate and feminine when it was cake time.  She would take tiny little pieces off and eat them.  


 Then she started to eat the bowl.  Soon, she got a little more messy, and she had cake in her hair. 

 

All Clean.  
 




6 comments:

  1. I can't believe your baby girl is already one! She's such a little cutie- she totally looks like a little minI-Marty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Taylor!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is one already?!?! Marty, she is beautiful! Agreed, she looks a lot like you! Happy Birthday Miss Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I messed up my blog on the weekend and lost all my bloglist so I only just saw the pics. She is sooooooo cute! I can't wait to see her... and all of you of course. The cake looks great! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so dang cute! That cake looked awesome! I can't believe how fast the last year has gone by! Can't wait to see you guys next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say the cake was fabulous. Cute and delicious. Taylor is also very cute. I can hardly wait to see how she changes in this year

    ReplyDelete