Monday, May 30, 2011

My New Idea

I am a planner, and a list maker, so making a meal plan for the week comes naturally to me. When Jo and Karen are over they like to check out what I am making for dinner that week. So, my new idea of a weekly (we'll see how long it lasts) post called Meal Planning Monday, where I'll tell you what my meal plan is for the week, and maybe spark some ideas to your meal planning, which can be a dreaded chore (especially when you ask your husband what to make and he either says I don't care, or something totally ridiculous like Liver and Onions). Feel free to comment, ask for recipes, or give me ideas!!

  • Monday: Tacos. (I can just hear my sisters say Taaacos). Drew just got back from Kalispell, and he brought back some of those really yummy uncooked tortillas from Costco. Then for dessert, we made them with butter and cinnamon and sugar (SO GOOD!!)
  • Tuesday: Perogies. Not that interesting, but Tuesdays are a really busy night.
  • Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken.
  • Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs. I got the recipe from Lynn, and they are SO good. The trick is to make them the night before, because they are better the next day. They are also really good if you freeze them, and then re-heat later. And a Caesar Salad. If I'm in the mood, I might make some breadsticks. We'll see.
  • Friday: Crispy Oven Baked Chicken and Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I think that my veggie will just be cooked carrots, because my Dad gave me a gigantic bag of them from "the pit".
  • Saturday: On Saturday is our Breakfast-For-Dinner-Night. But, I think I might rebel and have my dear husband take me out on a date, or I just might take myself out on a date.
  • Sunday: Ham (one of those ones from Costco in the red package), funeral potatoes and broccoli.

4 comments:

  1. Good idea! I need to start meal planning a little better. PS- that website (Melskitchencafe) looks AWESOME!!! I want to make everything on there! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....dinner. So...you forgot to mark which night I was coming over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the BEST! I'm totally going to use your ideas. We used to make meal plans too, but haven't for awhile, and mine is one of those husbands who says, "I don't care". Sigh. This will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you Marty - I often feel like I'm too flippant to commit to a dinner plan. Food for me is all about what I feel like, but it often doesn't work so well with our budget or schedule!

    ReplyDelete