Wednesday, May 25, 2011

April

Life with a newborn is busy. Life with 4 kids is crazy busy. I love having Taylor as a part of my family. I am so lucky to have her, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Here are some of the things we did this April


Davis lost his first tooth. He was a bit slow in losing teeth. He was worried that he hadn't lost any yet, and felt sad that all the other kids were losing theirs and he hadn't. He asked me one day "Mom, will I still have all my baby teeth when I'm an adult?"

I don't know how we worked this, but our last two kids, and Mat & Robyn's first two kids have been born 2 weeks apart. Here is Taylor with her cousin Daxon. He is 2 weeks older, but when she was born, she was 2 pounds bigger.

Auntie Lynn came and stayed with us for a few days. It was so nice to have her here!! It was just what I needed. She played with the boys, gave Taylor lots of cuddles, baked and cooked very yummy things, we talked, we laughed, we shopped a bit. I was so sad to see her go. I knew that she needed to get home to her own family, but I wished that she could have stayed longer. I know this sounds weird, but I don't think you really realize how much you miss someone, until you can spend some time with them.

We set up a tent in the basement, and the boys got to sleep in it. Phoenix only got to sleep in it for one night. He was a bit small, and kept his brothers awake too much. I think there also was a bit of a conflict over someone wanting a cuddle, and no one would cuddle with him.

Taylor and Marcus playing on my IPhone.


We were worried that Phoenix would be really jealous of Taylor, because he doesn't even like it when Marcus sits on my knee. He has been fairly good about having a new sister. He loves her, and won't keep his hands off of her. He always has to touch her, and lay beside her, try to wake her up, bath her and feed her. One day she was getting her clothes changed, and was laying in just a diaper on the floor. I went to get her some clean sleepers, and as I came into the kitchen from the laundry room, Phoenix was throwing a diaper into the garbage. He told me that she was poopy and that he changed her. I went back into the Family room, and Taylor was laying naked on the floor.



2 comments:

  1. love the pics! now onto May pics and the baby blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about not realizing you miss someone until you spend some time with them. I find that happens all the time! Congrats on your beautiful family. I'm glad Phoenix is handling things well!

    ReplyDelete