Friday, May 6, 2011

Introducing...

The wait for baby was of course totally worth it...

Before I was due I set up an induction date with my obgyn because I was terrified of having a gigantic baby. All of my kids have been around the 9 lb mark, and I was worried that if I went over, then the kid would weigh at least 20 lbs. I was so nervous the night before. I was worried that it wouldn't work, or that it would take all day. I was also worried about actually being in the hospital, since the last time I was there I didn't have the greatest experience. On Friday March 25, Drew and I got to the hospital at 630 am. After getting checked in, at 800am the doctor came at broke my water, then Drew and I wandered the halls for an hour to see if we could get things into motion. While we were walking around we were reminiscing about going for walks at the Foothills in Calgary. This time Drew pushed my IV pole around. Sadly, the walking didn't do much, so at 900am I was put on the drip. Because I was on the drip I couldn't go into the shower, and I was really disappointed because that is one of the things I do to help with the pain. At around 1100am, things really started picking up. I am not comfortable with an Epidural, or with Morphine, and my pain reliever of choice, the gas, wasn't available anymore, so I was hurting, and unsure of what I was going to do. They gave me heat packs, and those were great until they took them away because I was getting too hot. Then I decided that maybe I should have some Morphine, but when they went to put it into my IV, the baby dropped too much, and it was too late. At about 1130am I started to push, and then at 1137am, I had a baby. When it came out Drew said "It's a girl!!", and I said "A girl!?! Really!?!". We both were surprised. She weighed in at 8 lbs and 13 oz (the same weight as Phoenix), and was 54 cm long (the longest of my kids (hopefully that doesn't always stay that way)).

Because we didn't know we were having a girl, we didn't really have a name picked out, we did have a list of names, but we didn't have one picked. We actually didn't decide on her name until we were just about to leave the hospital. I had all the paperwork filled out, and her loaded into the carseat ready to go. Then to complicate things, Drew asked the boys what they thought we should name their little sister. So, we decided to call her Taylor Rosetta.


We all love her a lot.




1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful Marty! Congrats! Girls are soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete