Friday, May 7, 2010

My Mother's Day Tribute

First, I stole this link for this video from my friend Skye. After I watched it I ran and hugged as many of my kids who would let me, and I cried. I am so grateful to be a Mom. I know I am flawed and that I am not the best Mom, but I am trying. I pray every day that I can be better. That I will be more loving and patient, and that I can be a better person for them. I also love my own Mom so very much. She really is an incredible lady. I will be eternally grateful to the example she is to me. She is always there when I need her the most. I am grateful how she willingly took my boys home, when I had to be in Calgary with Drew. It was nice to know that they were safe. When she first came to help, when we were still in Lethbridge, I said something to her about how glad I was that she was there, and her response was "Of course, I couldn't just leave you here by yourself." I am also grateful for the examples of wonderful Grandmothers. To my Grammy, who I miss everyday. This weekend, I hope that we all can make an effort to be a little bit better, and to treat our own mothers just a little bit nicer.



I made this apron for my Mom. I think it turned out really cute. She told me at Christmas that she wanted one, so I figured I better do it.
My kids gave me this book. I just started it last night. I love Elder Uchtdorf. I especially loved his talk entitled "Your Happily Ever After" at the General Young Women Broadcast in March.

1 comment: