Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Start of a New School Year

School has now started.  Davis and Marcus aren't super excited to be back to school, but I am excited for them to get back, and to get back to the normal crazy routine again. 

This year I packed 3 backpacks to get ready for school.  I couldn't even fit all the stuff in Davis', and Marcus could barely carry his, and Phoenix just has a pair of shoes in his.  Phoenix is so excited to start school.  Playschool doesn't start until tomorrow, and he has been so upset that the boys got to go and he doesn't.  He is going to be equally upset when he realizes that mean old Mom is going to drive him to school and he doesn't get to ride the bus.  

Davis started first.  He wasn't super excited to go back to school, but I took him anyhow kicking and screaming...okay...maybe not kicking and screaming, but dragging his feet and not wanting to get out of bed.  

This is how he really feels...




 Next it was Marcus' turn to start.  We decided after much prayer and deliberation and counsel from his teacher from last year, to have Marcus repeat Kindergarten.  He is a really smart kid, and could academically handle Grade 1, but he is not quite there maturity.  He is excited because he has a couple of friends from Church who are going to be in his class this year.  



A nice gentleman in our ward has 5 apple trees and a big garden, which he shares with the people in the ward.  I brought a box home last week from church and I made delicious apple crisp for dessert and apple sauce to eat with our pork roast.  The Young Men were going over to his house pick apples for their activity, so I had Drew bring me home some more apples, because I decided to try and can applesauce.  It was a sticky job, but our house smelled SO good.  The boys helped me peel apples, and stir them around a little bit.  Now, I just hope that the applesauce that I canned tastes good. 



Taylor wanted to be wrapped up in her blanket and I was reminiscing with Marcus how when she was a baby he held her the most.  Marcus would be so gentle with her, and he would very softly stroke her hair and cheeks, and give her kisses.  After I wrapped Taylor up, he decided that he wanted to giver her a bit of a cuddle.  


We switched the boys beds, and when I went to check on them, this was how Marcus was sleeping.  

We think it is funny how Taylor peeks out of the hole in her high chair at us. 


When I was in Cardston, Karen and I went fabric shopping and she talked me into buying this cute fabric to make Taylor a dress.  I didn't buy enough to make her a dress, but I made her this t-shirt dress.  I think it turned out cute.  Today Taylor got to go to Nursery for the first time.  It was a happy day.  I tried to take her to Gospel Doctrine, and she wasn't happy about being there, and while I was walking down the hall, the Nursery leader told me I could bring her in.  I was so grateful!!  She seemed to really like it.  She stayed for the whole time, even when I had to leave to go and teach my lesson.  I just hope that she likes it next week.  We have some pretty great Nursery leaders in our ward, who are a lot of fun.  

She wasn't really co-operating with taking a picture of her cute new dress.  


1 comment:

  1. Hello all.. I am looking for best Phoenix preschool as quick as possible for my three kids. If you be familiar with any information about child care schools, recommend me.. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete