Thursday, June 25, 2009

Young Women Handouts


I made these journals for a lesson on "Personal Records", and the girls loved them!! I got the idea from my friend Maren (Thanks Maren!!). They turned out so cute!! On the front page I printed a quote from President Spencer W. Kimball. President Kimball says "I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted." That should give us all a bit more motivation to write in our journals.

These rocks I made to go with my lesson on "Forgiveness". I am telling the story "Pockets Full of Rocks", which is a story of a man who whenever someone does something that offends him, he collects a rock. His house becomes overflowing with rocks, and some geology students come to see he vast rock collection, only to be disappointed that they are only plain, boring rocks. The professor of the class asks to see his "other" collection that reminds him of when people do nice things for him. In the end, he gets rid of his rocks, and takes up gardening instead. The rocks that I am handing out have a flower to remind the girls of the nice things, and on the back is Doctrine and Covenants 64:9-10, to remind them to forgive.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your journals are sooo cute! I am so glad. I also love your rocks. Did you use a sticker for the reference. I looks like it is engraved. I bet your girls LOVE you. You sound like an amazing teacher!

    ReplyDelete